Research Coordinator 1
9845 Willows Rd NE Redmond, WA 98052 | Contract
We are seeking a Research Coordinator to join our Audio Research team in Redmond. We are looking for a highly organized individual to coordinate perceptual research studies in immersive spatial audio environments. We are focused on the next generation of VR systems that produce authentic audio experiences. The team consists of researchers in design, perception, and user research working with engineers, product managers, software developers, and artists.
For this position, we are looking for people with strong skills in behavioral data collection, experimental and survey research, study participant scheduling, and debriefing. The right candidates will be excellent communicators, knowledgeable about user research, institutional review board procedures, and passionate about human perceptual research. They should also be comfortable in a flat, fast moving organization, excited to collaborate, and focused squarely on impacting audio experiences in VR. They will participate in developing research studies, data collection methods, and data management for a variety of concurrently running studies.
Duties will also include overseeing the recruitment and interviewing of human subjects, administering informed consent and non-disclosure forms, coordinating facilities and equipment usage, and coordinating with the activities of the larger audio team and research organization.
- Work closely with researchers on study design and implementation
- Schedule facilities, research assistants, participants, and equipment for user studies
- Work cross-functionally with engineering, facilities, and researchers
- Receive participants, administer legal forms and guide them through research studies
- Work with researchers to design and improve psycho-physical and behavioral experiments to better understand human perception in the context of new and emerging technologies
- M.A. in perceptual psychology, human factors, neuroscience, hearing science, computer science, game audio, or related field
- 2+ years experience with research with human participants
- Experience in research management or coordination
- Experienced with collaboration across product and engineering teams
- Specialization in perceptual science including auditory models, consumer audio quality evaluation, spatial hearing
- Prior experience with MATLAB, R, C++, and/or Python