8747 148th Ave NE Redmond, WA 98052 | Contract
Job Title: Researcher
We are looking for an experienced and highly self-motivated Liquid Crystal Scientist to develop the liquid crystal technology for next generation near to eye display and imaging systems at our research center in Redmond, WA. This is a short-term contract position for 6 months, could extend to 12 months and beyond, depending on the outcome and project needs. We prefer someone who can start right away.
Work closely with research staffs to develop advanced liquid crystal optical components in a cleanroom setting:
- Work closely with research staff on developing next generation LC optical elements for applications in HMDs.
- Work closely with optical/mechanical/electrical engineers on critical liquid crystal devices fabrication setup.
- Record, analyze and solve problems in the fabrication process;
- Document the prototyping process and characterization results in detail;
- Follow all safety protocols, especially chemical safety and laser safety.
- 500+ hours of hands on experience on prototyping liquid crystal devices in clean room environments;
- Specialized knowledge of liquid crystal materials and photo-alignment technology;
- Experience in one or more liquid crystal design tools such as TechWiz, LCDMaster;
- Solid background and working experience in material formulation, material optics and optical table setup;
- Hands-on experience of on using basic prototyping & metrology tools, such as spin coaters, microscope, polarimeter, ellipsometer, SEM, AFM;
- Effective communication & documentation skills;
- Proven records of achieving significant results as demonstrated by grants, fellowships, patents, as well as publications at leading journals or conferences.
Education: Masters or above in Material Science, Liquid Crystals, Chemical Physics or Engineering