SQL Server Database Administrator
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
- Build, scale, and administer internal enterprise SQL Server 2014/2016 installation.
- Manage the SQL Server Windows operations - including OS lifecycle, VM provisioning, Storage and lifecycle operations
- Devise large scale distributed SQL Server AlwaysON clusters with the highest performance and greatest redundancy
- Scale application software solutions beyond the “ vendor recommendations”
- Deploy upgrades, patches, security features and high availability/DR for SQL Server
- Deploy and/or support application upgrades/patches/optimizations
- Leverage internal tools to automate the lifecycle of SQL Server and applications - from introduction to decommission.
- Use industry best practices for code development, configuration deployment, production maintenance, and service monitoring
- Be part of the 24x7 support for any systems/apps we own
- 5+ years’ database administration experience in SQL Server 2012/2014/2016 AlwaysOn Clusters on Windows 2012/2016
- 5+ years’ system administration experience in Windows platforms with storage and networking experience
- Strong T-SQL development skills.
- Strong knowledge in SQL Server distributed cluster configuration, maintenance, tuning, backups, restores, DR
- Strong coding skills in PowerShell and Python.
- Experience with systems automation tooling, preferably Chef, Choclatey or equivalent package manage
Education:: B.S. in Computer Science or related field