Social Marketing Manager
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, California 94025 | Contract
We are looking for a Social Marketing Manager to lead key work streams within the Global Social Marketing team. This is a 7 month maternity cover contract, from June-January 2019. A doer with proven experience leading projects and cross-functional (XFN) projects, you will work with multiple internal partners (Comms Planning, Insight & Analytics, Comms (PR), Product Marketers, Partnerships) and external vendors (creative agency and our moderation partner). You will focus on delivering successful community content both on and off platform, as well as building external fame and visibility for our initiatives.
The successful candidate will be expert at relationship building: open, tenacious, curious, and a community champion.
- A champion for social marketing strategy, making sure that our editorial focus is protected and promoted.
- An expert in understanding what works for social media Community, making sure that the content we develop has the greatest impact and resonance.
- Experience developing creative content for social channels. Experience of working with creative agencies a must.
- Experience in creating content from strategy through to ideation and production and overseeing campaign launches and reporting.
- Building reach and exposure for our content, both on-platform and off:
- Internal - forging strong XFN relationships to get support and endorsement.
- Partnering with Comms Planning on effective distribution strategy.
- Partnering with publishers, media owners and influencers to collaborate on social marketing program.
- Understanding and experience of creating content for all major social platforms (YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn).
- Experience working with community management partners or vendors specializing in moderation.
- Experience working with research partners and analyzing cultural, community, media and market trends to inform strategic and creative development for content.
- 7+ years experience working in a social marketing focused role within a company or at a creative, content or social agency.
- Ideal background in account handling or strategy.
- Experience collaborating within dynamic and matrixed organizations.
- Analytical and data-driven.
Education:: BA/BS degree preferred