Software Engineer II
1 Facebook Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
Job Title: Software Engineer II
- Work with designers to help consolidate disparate program functions into a unified whole.
- Works with programmers and coders to help map out various programming tasks and smaller functions, which are then combined into larger, functioning programs or new features for existing software.
- Typically work in both design and development stages of the software creation.
- Work with dedicated designers or design teams to work out the basic things the program or update will be expected to perform.
- Plot out the various aspects of the automated tasks that will be necessary, usually using design documentation and flowcharts to help illustrate the process.
- Knowledge of at least one of the following languages: C, C++, Java, PHP, Python.
- Knowledge of SQL preferred.
- Experience in machine learning and video coding and streaming.
Top 2 Non-Negotiable Must Haves:
1. Python experience (2-3 years)
2. Software Engineering (We want someone that can get up and go with the work and requires minimal hand holding.)
Nice to have:
Machine Learning experience
Other important details:
- We' re ok to source as far as Texas region only for workers who are willing to travel to MPK at least at 2-3 day stay a week during the first couple of months.
- Strong possibility to extend beyond the 6 months, which will be based off performance and needs of the business.
- BS + 2 years experience and MS + 1 year experience in Software Engineering