1101 Dexter Ave N Seattle, WA 98109 | Contract
Job Title: Software Engineer
- Partner with internal stakeholders to understand business requirements, work with cross-functional data and products teams and build efficient and scalable data solutions.
- Build data expertise and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership.
- Optimize and maintain existing pipelines and implement new ones.
- Produce ad hoc analyses to aid team in understanding patterns and trends in incoming data
- Help analyze, visualize, and provide analytics on data to build dashboards and reporting solutions to support multiple team projects
- Proactively identify recurring needs and create fully automated pipelines.
- Work with data infrastructure and data engineering teams to triage infra issues and drive to resolution.
- Monitor and manage the SLA for all data sets and systems in allocated areas of ownership.
- 2+ years hands-on experience with Linux and shell scripting
- 2+ years hands-on experience in MySQL database administration, implementation and maintenance
- 2+ years hands-on experience in SQL or similar languages and development experience in at least one scripting language
- Data architecture, data modeling and schema design skills
- Ability to analyze data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies.
- Experience working with enterprise DE tools, ability to learn in-house DE tools quickly
- Excellent communication skills and proven experience in leading data driven projects from definition through interpretation and execution
- Ability to initiate and drive projects with all stakeholders
Education: BE/BTECH/MCA degree (preferred) with a strong academic record