Software Test Engineer - Protocols
6001 America Center Dr, Suite 400 San Jose, CA 95002 | Direct Hire
Software Test Engineer
· Design, develop and execute test plans for testing L3 protocol functionalities of the TCP/IP stack such as IPv4/IPv6, OSPF, BGP and PIM-SM/SSM.
· Automate test cases using TCL and Python programming language for testing various software features.
· Design network topologies for testing L2/L3 protocol functionalities using commercial traffic generator tools from Ixia and Spirent.
Bachelor’ s degree or foreign equivalent degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field and 5 years of post-baccalaureate progressive experience as Software Test Engineer, Technical Leader, Software QA Engineer, Software Engineer/QA, Devtest Engineer, Technology Specialist, Software Engineer, or a related occupation required.
The required work experience must include 5 years of experience using the following skills:
· L3 Protocols including IPv4/IPv6, BGP/OSPF and PIM-SM/SSM
· TCL and Expect scripting languages
· Traffic tools from Ixia and Spirent.
Following will be a plus
· Working experience in SDWAN, DHCP, VRRP, L3VPN, IPsec, QoS
· Working experience related to KVM, VMWare, Openstack
· Working experience with AWS, Azure