Systems Administrator - Generalist
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, California 94025 | Contract
Job Title: Systems Administrator - Generalist
- Work on a team of highly technical and talented Systems Engineers chartered with maintaining the global Enterprise Core Services.
- Support day-to-day operations and escalations across services including email, directory services, virtual desktop, VMware and others.
- Improve and optimize system administration and management with coding and automation.
- Understand metrics for measuring success and performance of services to ensure service performance, scalability, stability and security for both existing and new service deployments.
- Contribute to meeting KPIs and SLAs through management of task queues.
- Support large-scale global disaster recovery exercises while working closely with other infrastructure, production and business teams.
- Participate in rotational on-call schedule.
- 7+ years system administration experience
- 5+ years experience in PowerShell scripting, other languages a plus (Ruby, Python, PHP, etc.)
- 3+ years experience working with monitoring and configuration management tools such as Chef and DSC
- Configuration and maintenance of common applications such as Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, IIS, Apache, MS SQL, MS Exchange, Postfix, Squid, MySQL, and SNMP
- Virtualization and block storage experience a plus
- 3+ years of experience with networking principals, firewalls, and load balancers.
- 3+ years of experience managing geographically dispersed infrastructure and DR environments.
Education: Technical degree at the Bachelors level or equivalent education and experience required.