Systems Administrator - Messaging
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
Job Title: Systems Administrator - Messaging
- Work on a team of highly technical and talented messaging engineers chartered with maintaining the global messaging infrastructure.
- Support day-to-day operations and escalations of the overall messaging environment.
- Improve and optimize system administration and management with coding and automation.
- Understand metrics for measuring success and performance of services to ensure service performance, scalability, stability and security for both existing and new service deployments.
- Contribute to meeting KPIs and SLAs through management of task queues.
- Support large-scale global disaster recovery exercises while working closely with other infrastructure, production and business teams at Facebook.
- Participate in rotational on-call schedule.
- 7+ years of experience in Windows OS and core infrastructure support including: Active Directory, DNS, and DHCP
- 5+ years of experience in managing email platforms (Office 365, Microsoft Exchange, Postfix, Proofpoint, etc.) and email integrity technologies including SPF, DKIM, DMARC, etc.
- 3+ years of scripting experience in PowerShell or Python. Ruby is a plus.
- Understanding of server hardware and sizing, hypervisor technologies (preferably VMware), and cross-platform integrations (i.e. heterogeneous operating system support).
- Ability and demonstrated talent in avoiding or minimizing business impact despite existing technical challenges.
- 3+ years of experience with networking principals, firewalls, and load balancers.
- 3+ years of experience managing geographically dispersed infrastructure and DR environments.
- 3+ years of experience in configuration management (Chef, Puppet, SCCM)
- Technical degree at the Bachelor' s level or equivalent education and experience preferred.