Technical Program Manager - Fiber Site Delivery
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025 | Contract
- Manage cross-functional site infrastructure projects in a matrix organization covering a range of areas (data center, office, PoP, datacenter network & backbone network, CDN, hardware systems, capacity management).
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide hands on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Manage dependencies and handoffs effectively and optimize schedules accordingly.
- Build quality control and quality assurance into project plans effectively.
- Ensure that lessons learned are captured comprehensively, acted on and communicated out for each project.
- Ensure consistency across projects, regions globally and alignment with other TPM’ s.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Interface with Engineering and business owners for project requirements and scope.
- Experience with Dark Fiber Delivery - (OSP + ISP).
- Understanding of fiber characteristics
- Understanding of various types of Fibers
- Understanding and with some hands-on experience with OTDR
- Understanding and wish some hands of experience with fiber test equipment – Power Meter, Laser Source, Cleaning supplies
- Understanding of types of Connectors: SC/LC/FC - UPC vs APC
- Some level of understanding of DWDM – Signal Flow – Router to Router
- Understanding and experience in the space/power domain
- Experience and background in collo build outs and operational fit-outs Statement of Work.
- Understanding of Capacity to R/S/P planning. Experience and understanding of space and power calculation.
- Understanding of AC vs DC power.
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- 7 + years of experience in Networking - IP, Optical or Fiber.