Technical Program Manager - Optical Networking
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, California 94025 | Contract
- Manage cross-functional optical deployment projects.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Manage dependencies and handoffs effectively and optimize schedules accordingly.
- Build quality control and quality assurance into project plans effectively.
- Ensure that lessons learned are captured comprehensively, acted on and communicated out for each project.
- Interface with Engineering and business owners for project requirements and scope.
- Project and Program Management Experience, Program Priortization, Risk Management, Communications.
- DWDM, 100G Coherent system
- Long Haul / Metro Optical Deployment experience
- Knowledge of network planning / Network Architecture
- Network Engineering / Optical Engineering experience a Plus
- Knowledge of optical vendor platforms (Ciena OME6500, Waveserver, Flex Grid, Infinera DTN-X, Cloudexpress, Cisco, Nokia or ALU1830/ PSI-2T) - Type of line/client cards (OCLD/OCI/CFP/OTR etc.)
- ISP – experience with fiber, riser build, cross-connects, space/power, etc.
- Dark Fiber Experience – Fiber testing (OTDR/Power Meter)
- Fiber characterization – CD, PMD, ORL
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- 7 + years of experience in Optical Networking.