Technical Program Manager- Turnups
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, California 94025 | Contract
We are looking for a strong Project Manager who is resourceful, action oriented with the ability to get things done and overcome obstacles. They will:
• Manage cross-functional site infrastructure projects in a matrix organization.
• Plan, coordinate & drive major new infra turnups and maintenance initiatives. Support in critical Capacity Moves, Adds, and Changes (MAC) events in the data centers.
• Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time completion. Interface with technical & operational teams in driving project execution.
• Identify operational pain points and opportunities to improve business practices and prioritize resources in areas that will deliver the greatest impact.
• Review operational issues and determine if a technology solution is required or a process correction needs to be made.
• Perform risk management and change management on projects.
• Support in driving internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
• Ensure there is sound communication between various groups and projects. Maintain program status dashboards, wiki pages and provide frequent program updates. Identify and communicate risks and adjustments to the overall program.
• Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
• Work experience in Project Management with a demonstrated track record of delivering business value using technology solutions in high-tech operations space.
• Proven project management, interpersonal, and communication skills, with high attention to detail.
• Strong communication and coordination skills
• Must be proactive with proven ability to execute on multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to collaborate with different individuals across the organization and within other geographies, and roll-up the sleeves in order to accomplish all necessary tasks
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Past experience in Software Engineering, IT Infrastructure, Data Center Operations is a plus
• Ability to closely walk the line between business and technology
Bachelors degree in Computer science, Systems engineering, or related disciplines