Technical Writer II
300 8th Avenue North Seattle, WA 98109
Job Title: Technical Writer II
We are seeking a Technical Writer to focus on the design, deployment, maintenance and optimization of our Billing and Payment experiences for global customers and third party developers. Your exceptional narrative and documentation skills will allow you to deliver these experiences in the most elegant and efficient way possible. To accomplish this, you will be responsible for evaluating our current integration experiences in partnership with our engineering, operations, sales and other business stakeholders, with an emphasis on increasing awareness and decreasing confusion.
The ideal candidate is both pragmatic and passionate. Your pragmatism comes through a desire to tame ambiguous business situations through the application of best practices, while your passion manifests in the desire to track down areas of opportunity evident in our customer feedback.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a technical writer, editor, or content strategist, with a focus on software, business, or banking applications.
- Demonstrated abilities using a variety of documentation tools and content management systems to write, format, manage, and publish high-quality content in a markup language like HTML, XML or Markdown.
- Ability to conceptualize and execute multiple in-flight projects, with a strong bias for action and the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Experience developing and adhering to technical style guides coupled with obsession for technical accuracy.
- Able to take an existing or new project, understand its scope and direction and use discretion to finish the project in a timely fashion, with some limited supervision.
- Ability to understand basic code structure.
- experience/education in or writing about web development/platforms
- experience/education in or writing about business/finance/banking systems
Education: College graduate