1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025 | Contract
As one of our fantastic technical writers, you will be part of a team responsible for the quality, discoverability and accuracy of the content, for both internal and external technologies. You will do hands-on research and obtain necessary technical content from subject matter experts while translating it into clear, concise, structured documentation. This means sometimes you are documenting something yourself, sometimes you are editing contributed content from someone else, and other times you are fixing and reorganizing existing documentation. In addition, you may also have opportunities to do some coding and project management for various documentation requests.
- Create and maintain internal and external documentation for technologies and tools used internally.
- Work closely with engineering, product, and support teams to ensure the quality, discoverability, and accuracy of the content you create and develop.
- Design, write, and edit conceptual, procedural, and reference documentation.
- Navigate through multiple platforms such as web, iOS, and Android.
- Create and maintain code sample fragments and sample apps.
- 3+ years experience in writing, technical documentation, and/or developer outreach for a developer audience.
- 2+ years experience with a programming language, such as C++, C#, Java, PHP, Python, Objective-C, etc.
- Experience writing, proofreading and editing.
- The ability to produce and organize content with a clear flow.
- Experience with authoring tools such as XML, HTML, Markdown, Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Experience programming, using the command-line, trying out user interfaces, and working with prototype software or hardware in test environments.
- Experience meeting multiple, tight deadlines.
- Experience developing training materials (slides, handouts, instructor notes) for a developer audience
- Experience working with infrastructure services in a large scale, distributed systems type environment
Education:: BA/BS degree in computer science, technical writing, physics, mathematics, or chemistry, or equivalent experience.