1531 Utah Ave S Seattle, WA 98134 | Contract
We are seeking a Technical Writer to help standardize product documentation for customers all over the world. Team is responsible for making sure products have the right supporting information both online as well as in print with the product. Our ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of effectively capturing and communicating technical information related to product launches as well as continuous product improvements. You will do hands-on research and obtain necessary technical content from subject matter experts while translating it into clear, concise, structured documentation. This means sometimes you are documenting something yourself, sometimes you are editing contributed content from someone else, and other times you are fixing and reorganizing existing documentation. In addition, you may also have opportunities to do some coding and project management for various documentation requests.
- Create and maintain written and online product documentation.
- Work closely with engineering, product, and support teams to ensure quality and accuracy of content.
- Design, draft, and edit technical and process documentation.
- Work closely with design teams and vendors to manage the layout and delivery of the content.
- 2+ years of technical writing experience.
- Experience managing cross-functional projects that require strong attention to detail.
- Experience working with XML-based authoring tools.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or English or equivalent work experience.
- Familiarity with Adobe Illustrator and In-Design.
- Familiarity with VR/AR concepts and technologies.
- Established record of strong project ownership, project management, and self-direction.
- Able to collaborate effectively across multiple teams and coordinate deadlines.
- Able to assist in the automation of documentation processes.