UX Researcher II
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, California 94025 | Contract
We are looking for a qualitative or mixed-methods researcher who can build empathy and understanding through their research to inform product decisions. Researchers build strong partnerships with cross-functional teams, working closely with data science, PM, policy, CO, design, and engineering. Experience working with sensitive or special populations is a plus. The right candidates will be excellent communicators, knowledgeable about UI design, passionate about fostering safe, trustworthy, and meaningful social ecosystems, comfortable in a flat, fast moving organization, excited to collaborate, and focused squarely on impacting design.
- Work closely with product teams to identify research topics
- Design studies that address both user behavior and attitudes
- Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs
- Conduct research using a variety of qualitative methods (including interviews and usability testing), and interpret analysis through the lens of UX, HCI, and social science
- Collaborate closely with other researchers
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, content strategy, engineering, data science and marketing
- Partner with engineers, analysts, and other technical roles to create and share research
BA/BS degree in marketing, or a human behavior related field (HCI, Psychology, Social Science, Information Science, etc.) MA / PhD preferred.
Experience in applied product research required.