12800 Culver Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90066 | Contract
Overall Purpose: Responsible for installing, maintaining, and upgrading UNIX/Linux based servers and their Operating Systems. Roles & Responsibilities:
1) Provide Unix/Linux server(s) install, management, configuration and support in a critical production environment and to support 3rd party applications running on the UNIX/Linux server.
2) Provide UNIX/Linux operating system support and patch management for compliance.
3) Monitor and handle server backups, performance and availability in compliance to Service Level Agreements.
4) Upgrade and replace server hardware where appropriate.
5) Provide advanced Unix/Linux level support to resolve troubles that may impact the performance of the Operating System and/or the applications on the server.
6) Work with Advanced Technical Support, Labs, IT and/or vendor(s) to resolve issues.
Priority Job Skills
1 In-depth technical experience in multiple OS environments (Linux – various distros, Windows Server OS a plus)
2 Technical knowledge of network and services fundamentals: IP, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, NLB and Cluster Administration
3 Experience/knowledge of storage solutions: SANs, NAS
4 Proficiency at automating repetitive tasks using powershell, batch, bash shell, or vb scripts
5 Experience/knowledge of working with virtualization environments: Hyper-V, VMWare, Openstack, Docker Infrastructure
Support Engineer Level 1
DAY TO DAY: Understand how to maintain and deploy Infrastructure as a Service clouds running on both open-source and commercial cloud products. Environments consists of LINUX and Windows systems, Active Directory, DNS, Data Protection, Network Attached Storage, Storage Area Networks, massively scaled storage solutions, and many tools used to support and automate these ecosystems.
Support and maintain communication and project workflow between development, architecture, implementation and operations teams all working towards to same goal.
Understand troubleshooting massively scaled server and storage systems in a production environment.
Proven ability to successfully navigate and perform in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment, and effectively multi-task multiple priorities in a team-oriented setting.
Balance project tasks and incident/change workload
Experience in the area of OS systems (Windows 2K8, 2K12, UNIX/Linux) Windows performance tuning, trending, and analysis.
Experience with HP, Cisco and Dell server platforms Knowledge and support of Group policy, DNS, DHCP, Cluster Administration, Network Load Balancing.
Solid understanding of IP network fundamentals and hardware configuration knowledge
• Experience with Unix/Linux(RedHat, Ubuntu, CentOS) and Windows server (W2K8, W2K12) systems interoperability.
• Responsibility to help keep tools accurately configured and operating.
• Configuration management tools (CFEngine, SCCM, other)
• Design/Planning software such as Microsoft Visio and Microsoft Project
• Industry certification(s) – (MCITP, RHCE, etc)
Primary Location - California-Los Angeles
****Schedule - Full-time shift – Multiple shifts in 24x7 environment****
Employee Status – Contractor, non-permanent worker