App Store Editor, Content Programming (Japan)
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
Job Title: App Store Editor, Content Programming (Japan)
We are looking for an App Store Editor and Content Programming specialist for Japanese-speaking audiences. Candidates must have bilingual fluency in Japanese and English.
As an App Store Editor, you' ll set up editorial calendars, campaigns, and the taxonomy for Apps and Games relevant to Japan. This role will also manage a CMS content for the company' s e-commerce site that brings innovative and cutting edge AR/VR products to Japanese markets across the globe.
This is a highly cross-functional role collaborating with teams including content discovery, marketing, engineering, and product teams to launch content within the company' s CMS.
The ideal candidate for this role has a strong knowledge of the games industry in Japan, cultural moments and an expert on tailoring content for Japanese users. A strong technical background and exceptional writing and communication skills in both Japanese and English, with extensive knowledge of operational roles, creative editorial work, and developer relations.
As an App Store Editor, you will:
- Curate and manage the App Store and an extensive editorial calendar for Japan.
- Assign, edit, and write content for the App Store, including short-form write-ups, deep dives, developer interviews and translate long-format articles from cross-functional teams.
- Strategize content release dates and key programming moments for the region.
- Create, manage, and publish content across CMS platforms.
- Manage CMS pipeline from ingestion to reporting.
- Understand best practices across pricing strategies and sales.
- Adhere to brand and content standards and guidelines.
- Create internal development documentation and best-practices.
- Work cross-functionally with marketing, creative, and technical teams.
- 1+ years editing creative editorial for traditional and/or online publications
- Fluent (speaking, reading, writing) in Japanese and English
- Experience leading designers and coming up with creative design ideas
- Best practices for editorial engagement and written style guides
- Excellent organizational skills plus the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously under strict deadlines
- Experience working with Content Management Systems
- Track record of copywriting and merchandizing for a Japanese market
Nice to Haves:
- Has experience with and understanding of marketing tactic
- Passion for emerging technology and the AR/VR industry
- Copyright skills
- Attention to detail and design skills
6-month contract position (with potential for extension).
Education: Degree not required.