1 Amgen Center Dr. Thousand Oaks, CA 91320 US
Pay range is $27 - $30 per hour with full benefits available, including paid time off, medical/dental/vision/life insurance, 401K, parental leave, and more. Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. Pay is based on several factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
THE PROMISES WE MAKE:
At Crystal Equation, we empower people and advance technology initiatives by building trust. Your recruiter will prep you for the interview, obtain feedback, guide you through any necessary paperwork and provide everything you need for a successful start. We will serve to empower you along the way and provide the path for your professional journey.
Top 3 Must Have Skill Sets:
**We are looking for a packaging engineer and experience with Adobe Illustrator for making templates for packaging components**
- Ability to use Adobe Illustrator Software to create technical templates based on packaging specification drawings
- Experience with or familiarity of Packaging Engineering job function
- Demonstration of being proactive and have the ability to multi-task
- Not familiar with our company or what we do (Can the candidate name a company product and understand what it is used to treat?)
- No understanding of what Packaging Engineers do
- Lack of motivation
- No Adobe experience
Day to Day:
This position reports into the Packaging Engineering group under Combination Product Operations (CPO) in Thousand Oaks, CA (ATO). This position will apply engineering principles to execute the proper design, qualification and implementation of Primary and Secondary Packaging components and the associated systems such as documentation, equipment and processes. Knowledge of primary and secondary packaging systems and material science is essential to the position. The position requires organizational, project management, technical problem solving and communication (written and verbal) skills, and the ability to work in teams and adapt to rapidly changing environment.
- Support for testing and evaluation leading to recommendation and selection of primary and secondary packaging materials.
- Familiarity with Material Testing standards, requirements and equipment is essential.
- Writing of test protocols, perform technical evaluations and testing to support reports used to justify the use of selected materials and packaging components.
- Writing technical specifications, creating engineering drawings, and developing artwork templates.
- Competent with AutoCAD and Illustrator, or similar software application to create, modify and approve engineering drawings.
- Support line trials and packaging validation activities prior to introduction of any new or change in components/processes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (i.e. Quality, Device Engineering, Supply Chain, Artwork, Manufacturing, Regulatory, etc.) in pre-commercial and commercial activities.
- BS Packaging, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Life Sciences or related field
- 0 to 3 years general packaging/engineering experience
- Independent thinker with demonstrated skills working in teams or leading project teams
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills
- Bachelor degree
- Associate degree and 4 years of experience
- High school diploma / GED and 6 years of experience