Audio Software Engineer V
1180 Discovery Way Sunnyvale, CA 94089 US
Pay range is $96 - $101 per hour with full benefits available, including paid time off, medical/dental/vision/life insurance, 401K, parental leave, and more. Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. Pay is based on several factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
THE PROMISES WE MAKE:
At Crystal Equation, we empower people and advance technology initiatives by building trust. Your recruiter will prep you for the interview, obtain feedback, guide you through any necessary paperwork and provide everything you need for a successful start. We will serve to empower you along the way and provide the path for your professional journey.
Audio Software Engineer V
Our mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build connections in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Reality Labs (RL) focuses on connecting people through Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR). The compute performance and power efficiency requirements of these products require custom silicon. The Silicon team is driving the state of the art forward with breakthroughs in audio, speech, machine learning, mixed reality, graphics, displays, sensors, and new ways to map the human body. We believe the only way to achieve our goals is to look at the entire stack, from transistors, through architecture, to firmware, and algorithms.
We are seeking an Embedded Audio Software Engineer who is excited about introducing groundbreaking capabilities in the fields of Audio, Speech & ML, through mapping and optimization of a complex embedded C++ codebase to DSP and DNN accelerator target platforms.
- Study state of the art algorithms in the field of Audio, Speech, Codecs to develop appropriate SW-HW partitioning.
- Develop and debug software in a real-time, embedded, multiprocessor, multi-interface environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer science or equivalent relevant experience.
- 5+ years of experience designing and implementing complex real-time systems using C/C++ for embedded processors.
- 5+ years of experience in software development for Audio, Speech, Codecs & ML algorithms or related signal processing fields.
- Solid C/C++ programming and refactoring skills and able to understand and debug heavily threaded code.
- MS or PhD in EE/CS
- Experience with low-level SW optimization at instruction level, loop optimization, vectorization, data organization and caching
- Intimate knowledge of audio pipelines such as voip, wakeword, speech processing, speech recognition, playback, speaker protection, hearing enhancement. Experience with end-to-end optimization and fine tuning.
- Experience with audio algorithms such as echo cancellation, noise removal, wind noise, beamforming, filterbank, gain control, dynamics, endpoint processing (EQ, DRC, MBC), wakeword.
- Prior experience with ARM or Risc-V CPUs, or Tensilica DSP architectures