Business Analyst I
225 Park Ave S New York, NY 10003
Facebook is seeking a highly-analytical and quantitative, impact-oriented Business Planning and Operations Analyst to join our North America BizOps team. The role will serve as a core member in the centralized function within the team, and will primarily focus on business insights modeling and operational excellence to enable Sales leadership to make effective, data-driven, strategic operating decisions in an effort to optimize sales performance. The ideal candidate will have a strong analytical background and experience managing large data sets (primarily in Excel and SQL), the ability to synthesize and make recommendations based on imperfect data from multiple sources, strong business intuition to guide their analysis, driving operational rigor and excellence through proactive process planning and automation, and the ability to work both independently and cross-functionally, supporting internal stakeholders that have external-facing responsibilities. The ideal candidate will also be passionate about Facebook, interested in digital media and advertising, intellectually curious, comfortable with ambiguity, confident in their time management skills, comfortable presenting to groups, and excited about joining a high-impact team.
- Partnerships: Develop strong collaborative partnerships with key stakeholders and team members.
- Business Insights: Conduct impactful analyses on major revenue and product trends, including vertical performance, product adoption, leading revenue indications, team productivity and sales effectiveness, and market opportunity data and trends. Provide senior sales management with analytic support.
- Rhythm of the Business: Design and execute on a standard cadence of operations (e.g., goal-setting, revenue reviews, etc.)
- Automation and Efficiency: Develop standard processes and tools/dashboards that can be scaled within North America
- Demonstrated problem solving experience with experience providing business insights, develop actionable recommendations and tell stories based on data sets
- Proven stakeholder management experience - including managing multiple stakeholders simultaneously
- Prioritizing experience; ability to work independently, manage multiple concurrent initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- Knowledge of SQL, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in media/technology is highly desirable but not required
BA/BS in a business-related or analytical field
1+ years post-collegiate work experience in a quantitative field (e.g. finance, business analytics, consulting, banking, business operations)