Business Development Rep
333 Middlefield Rd., Suite 200 Menlo Park, CA 94025
Business Development Rep.
In this role, you will be responsible for sales and marketing pipeline contribution through a mix of inbound lead follow up, prospecting, and qualification activities over a variety of media (phone, email, and social media). This role is fast paced, high energy and thinking on your feet is essential. You will be responsible for the cultivation of more than 600 Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs) at any given time making it critical that you be organized. You will make 35 to 45 calls per day to mid-sized and large-sized enterprises with deal sizes ranging from $10K to $5M. If you are passionate about business development, building pipeline, and generating new business — and love to be part of a fast growing, cutting edge, and high energy team - we want to talk to you!
This position reports directly to the Director of Demand Generation.
- Qualifying inbound marketing qualified leads to produce a consistent flow of opportunities for the sales team
- Identifying prospective customers’ needs and propose relevant next steps
- Articulating the company' s product benefits on the phone and in email
- Arranging teleconferences between prospective customers and sales
- Engaging key decision-makers and prospective customers
- Working closely with sales to facilitate product evaluations and assist with deal closure
- Maintaining tenacity, persistence and determination
- Prospecting key accounts, nurturing existing prospects, and cultivating cold lists
- Pitching company' s value propositions with clarity, confidence, and professionally
- Carrying a quarterly quota of Sales Qualified Leads (SQLs) and being responsible for contributing to the sales pipeline
- Minimum of 1 year in a business or sales development role with quota
- Experience pitching high tech products and services is essential
- Experience pitching or selling networking or software solutions is a plus
- Familiarity with platforms such as Discover.org, LinkedIn, HubSpot
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using a comprehensive sales tools (HubSpot, Zuora, etc.)
- Excellent organization skills and time management
- BA/BS degree
- “ Roll up sleeves and do what it takes” attitude