Business Systems Analyst
999 Brannan Street San Francisco, CA 94103
Job Title: Business Systems Analyst
Seeking an experienced business analyst to work with the Content and Collaboration Service Delivery Manager and stakeholders and understand the product roadmap, use cases, feedback, and challenges. This candidate will design optimized solutions, translate designs into business & technical requirements, work with the development team to deliver, manage UAT & QA, and drive the release and change management processes for driving adoption of delivered solutions. Our ideal candidate would have a focus on results, data to measure performance, and the interpersonal skills to build consensus.
- Translate the Service Delivery Manager’ s strategy into actionable tasks, and work with cross-functional agile teams to make sure they are executing on those requirements
- Triage requests, bugs, and project asks from business stakeholders using Jira and Confluence.
- Translate customer feedback into requirements for design and solutions
- Create designs for technical solutions to resolve business problems and tryout components of new systems for efficiency.
- Reach out to clients and project leaders in the course of work in order to identify and evaluate user and business requirements.
- Supervise all integration processes with new clients and other third-party vendors.
- Ensure clean and accurate documentation that may include aspects such as business requirements, client requirements, and technical specifications, and write findings in form of reports, which may be used in professional publications.
- Ensure that all documents are safely kept and accessible for future reference, and carry out routine testing of software patches; assist with new releases, and approve all User Acceptance Testing.
- Facilitate professional and constant communication with overall users on the status of production problems that might arise and inform them about ways of resolving issues.
- Supervise project development processes with clients and vendors for the successful execution of projects
- Business Engagement - Manage customer relationships to gather business requirements and process to support request fulfillment needs.
- ITSM Tool Administration - Design technical requirements to support business processes within our IT Service Management platform
- User Experience - Develop service improvement plans to support how our customers use our IT services, including user acceptance testing, training programs, metrics measures and surveys to measure our improvements.
- Knowledge Management - Creates support documentation from how to' s, run books, policy documents to support our service offerings
- Metrics - Develops Metrics program to help drive focus and guidance for IT and our business partners for Incident Management, Request Fulfillment, Knowledge Management, and Service Level Management. Uses metrics to help move the organization from a reactive to proactive stance.
- Communication - Ability to get consensus and collaboration across many business units; ability to explain complex concepts in layman' s language
- Design and solution oriented with the ability to present multiple options which are optimized for the customer experience
- Ability to guide and work with a development team on solutions and workarounds which achieve the goals or needs of the customer
- Experience in establishing effective business partnerships within and outside the organization
- Experience developing key performance metrics to drive process improvements
- 5+ years in an IT environment using IT Service Management tools
- Bachelor’ s degree
- ITIL v3 certification preferred
- Agile certification preferred
- KCS certification preferred
- Atlassian Certifications nice to have (for Jira, Jira Service Desk, Confluence)