Civic Data Specialist II
770 Broadway, 8th Floor New York, NY 10003 US
THE PROMISES WE MAKE:
At Crystal Equation, we empower people and advance technology initiatives by building trust. Your recruiter will prep you for the interview, obtain feedback, guide you through any necessary paperwork and provide everything you need for a successful start. We will serve to empower you along the way and provide the path for your professional journey.
Civic Data Specialist
We are looking for a Civic Data Specialist to develop and organize civic data in the North Americas (NORAM) and Latin America (LATAM) region. This role will require a deep understanding of international politics and governments with high attention to detail. This position is based in the US.
- Research and organize lists of company data belonging to governments, politicians, and political parties across NORAM / LATAM countries, ensuring that the lists only include authentic accounts.
- Audit data on a regular basis to ensure data integrity, accuracy and quality.
- Contribute to Civic Integrity programs through collaborative efforts with cross-functional teams across Policy, Product and Operations.
- Lead improvement initiatives by analyzing data infrastructure and collaborating with Engineering teams to enhance existing workflows.
- Support risk management and integrity efforts to facilitate accurate and effective decision-making.
- Use advanced problem-solving skills to resolve complex business problems.
- Build and maintain books of business and assist with ongoing data architecture governance.
- Recommend and implement solutions to improve the research process, including data querying, data collection and storage with product development and analysis.
- Extract, import and export data from various database tables.
- Support with data visualization and table dashboards for data-driven decision-making processes.
- Support stakeholders in daily use of data systems and ensure adherence to company standards.
- Generate weekly and monthly reports on trends, patterns and changes in the database table.
- Support NORAM / LATAM stakeholders’ scaled policy engagements.
- Understand and operate in accordance with defined company policies and procedures.
- 2+ years work experience with a focus on research.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written.
- Fluency in English required and a plus for knowing any leading national language from LATAM region.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and experience working with large datasets.
- Knowledge of international politics, political parties, world leaders and national legislators.
- Understanding of the political landscape in NORAM / LATAM
- Ability and experience working independently with a track record of taking initiative in uncertain, dynamic environments.
- Ability to focus on repetitive tasks on a deadline while filtering out inauthentic information.
- Basic programming skills in SQL.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, Economics or other relevant field.