Communications & Events Specialist II
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
We are looking for someone to support and execute communication initiatives for the Enterprise Engineering (EE) Communications and Events team. This candidate should have excellent writing abilities to draft relevant, engaging and timely posts. Candidate is also expected to help the team on corporate events and logistics and should be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Candidate will be expected to co-ordinate on inputs and help draft our regional updates, event promotions, event recap posts. They are also expected to maintain and report all events and comms metrics. Research, write, edit, and proof all levels of content including headlines and body copy, for online, offline, external and internal needs. Understand the goal, audience, and message of a campaign and create copy to suit.
- Community management for internal EE Workplace groups
- Consult, review and create comms. drafts for various EE teams who are communicating within EE and to employees across FB.
- Support team in creating content/talking points for EE Executives and for EE events
- Measure comms impact/feedback through Comms & events surveys and metrics
- Draft event invites and recaps
- Maintain and report all events and comms metrics
- Co-ordinate video recordings
- Event logistics support: Venue booking, speakers management, rehearsal coordination, calendar invites, etc
- Meet tight publishing deadlines with attention to detail
- Research innovative content for events & presentations
Experience in copywriting, speechwriting, journalism, brand or business writing for technical/engineering audiences. Writing samples or portfolio link required. Experience using Facebook and internal collaboration tools like Workplace/Yammer/Slack. Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously. Detail oriented. Experience overseeing ideas from inception to launch. Ability to take feedback and input and come up with content that keeps the integrity of the ideas. Ability to work in a fast pased environment with tight deadlines. Eligible to work in the US.
- 5+ years of work experience in journalism, speechwriting, or in internal/corporate communications in a technology or similar space
- 5+ years of experience in Event production
- Excellent writing abilities to draft and turn complex information into relevant, engaging, timely and valuable content
- Experience communicating to an employee population of technologists and engineers
- Experience with managing multiple projects simultaneously and autonomously
- Experience using judgement and analysis, providing practical, timely and pro-active communication guidance and support.