Contracts & Sourcing Specialist
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
The Contracts Specialist will prepare and negotiate various commercial -contracts and sourcing activities for our Strategic Sourcing team. This position is located in Menlo Park, CA, or Redmond WA and will support the Strategic Sourcing Manager for the Professional Services & Facilities categories.
This position requires extensive knowledge and experience with commercial contracts and complex contractual language. The Contracts Specialist must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with frequent tight deadlines under minimal supervision and must also be comfortable working collaboratively, efficiently and effectively with both internal clients and external vendors.
- Prepare, redline, negotiate and manage commercial contracts including software licenses, services agreements, statements of work, amendments and related documents.
- Responsible for entering team contracts into contract management tools.
- Engage in frequent verbal and written communications with internal and vendor’ s legal teams.
- Negotiate and support sourcing projects including preparing RFx’ s, managing competitive bids, obtaining quotes, examining and analyzing bids and proposals, etc.
- Ensure business activities and contracts comply with internal policies and guidelines, and industry laws and regulation.
- Specific project work will vary including various sourcing and source-to-pay activities.
- At least 4 years of contract drafting and negotiation experience in the high-tech industry including software licensing and professional services.
- Highly motivated and able to think clearly under pressure.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to flourish in an environment of fast growth and ambiguity.
- Ability to balance legal/contractual issues with business risk.
- Disciplined, organized, and flexible.
- Adept in working with various tools including MS Office, Oracle, and contract management tools.
- Able to prioritize, be highly productive and manage high volumes.