1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
Job Title: Copywriter IV
Ability to deliver a powerful message through a few select words is a must. Support and execute communication and event initiatives for the Enterprise Engineering (EE) Internal communications team. Excellent writing skills to draft and proof read relevant, engaging and timely online posts, wikis and content. Co-ordinate on inputs from regional teams and help draft regional highlight updates. Help the team on co-ordinating content for corporate events and draft event promotion invites as well as event recap posts. Co-ordinate video recordings and event logistics, as needed. Maintain and report all events and communications metrics and archive all event photos for annual recaps.
Meet with the team members/clients to discuss complex technical concepts, audiences and messages they want to share. Then use this basic understanding to develop drafts to present to the client/team, and then modify them to suit their needs. Research, write, edit, and proof all levels of content including headlines and body copy, for online, offline, external and internal needs. Understand the goal, audience, and message of a campaign and create copy to suit.
- Experience in copywriting, speechwriting, journalism, brand or business writing for technical/engineering audiences. Writing samples or portfolio link required.
- Experience using Facebook and internal collaboration tools like Workplace/Yammer/Slack.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Detail oriented.
- Experience overseeing ideas from inception to launch.
- Ability to take feedback and input and come up with content that keeps the integrity of the ideas.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Eligible to work in the US.
Education: BA/BS degree with strong academic background or equivalent experience.