770 Broadway, 8th Floor New York, NY 10003 US
Pay range is $55 - $61 per hour with full benefits available, including paid time off, medical/dental/vision/life insurance, 401K, parental leave, and more. Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. Pay is based on several factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
THE PROMISES WE MAKE:
At Crystal Equation, we empower people and advance technology initiatives by building trust. Your recruiter will prep you for the interview, obtain feedback, guide you through any necessary paperwork and provide everything you need for a successful start. We will serve to empower you along the way and provide the path for your professional journey.
WhatsApp is seeking an experienced social media copywriter to craft compelling and engaging copy for all of WhatsApp's social platforms. You're right for this job if you're a quick study of brand voice, you understand the subtle nuances of language that distinguish brands from each other, and you can flex the brand voice across a tonal spectrum. You'll have a passion for storytelling, and a love of social media. You'll understand how to write for specific social media platforms while maintaining an overall consistent voice for the brand. You can distill complex ideas into short, easily digestible text. You hate (and we mean really, passionately hate) typos.
- Write or oversee all copy for all of WhatsApp's social media channels
- Partner with social agency to provide copy direction and ensure all content is expressed in the brand voice
- Develop our social media copy style guide, based on the overall brand voice and tone
- Partner with our social producers and community managers to craft responses to comments and mentions of the brand
- Adapt comms materials and product information into social-first copy
- Be the expert and leader in how the brand sounds on social - and have a strong POV on what that should be
- Expert knowledge in writing copy that is relevant to, and that resonate with, the target audience.
- Ability to articulate the "why" behind all copy choices
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Understands the components of relevance - right message, right place, right time.
- Creative-thinker and has strong command of the English language (bonus points if you can speak/read/write in more than one language)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education/experience.