1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
We are looking for a Copywriter with a background in developing copy who is a concise story teller that can take something complex in nature and distill it into a single minded story that resonates and drives audiences to action, changes hearts & mind. We’ re looking for a creative problem solver who is passionate about making the detail of our content, programs, and brand feel human and authentic. You must be comfortable working across many media (social, email, web, video) and being able to work across a range of projects - from marketing to education centric initiatives to internal facing copy development support. You' re a conceptual thinker and storyteller who can bring your ideas to life in new and inspiring ways. You have a high level of craft when writing for a brand through short form and long for scripts, product copy and tone of voice. You are comfortable working with a range of teams (marketing, content, certification, platforms) who have different needs and objectives
- A strong understanding of how writing and conceptual ideas can be used to tell a story on behalf of a brand and within a product. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Communicate complicated sometimes technical educational content in a clear, concise, creative & engaging ways to non-technical audiences that translates the brand' s core identity into the right call to action
- Work collaboratively across the various cross-functional team (marketing, strategy, certification & assessments, content)
- Work autonomously, with little hand-holding
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, juggle and prioritize multiple projects at once, and turn things around quickly, sometimes within a few hours.
- Knowledge of the range of media channels, digital marketing, production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
- Interpret copywriting briefs to understand project requirements
- Proven experience as a copywriter or related role
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- A passion and interest in product storytelling and project strategy
5+ years experience at agency/in-house concepting and writing copy for global brands or writing custom content at a publishing company.
A link to an online portfolio showcasing your work (include link on your resume)
Excellent time-management and organizational skills
BSc/BA in marketing, English, journalism or related field
Experience working with SEO - understand SEO principles to maximize copy’ s reach
Experience crafting writing in the education categories
BA/BS degree with strong academic background or equivalent experience.