Data Analyst I
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
This role entails using SQL to pull queries from our internal database, helping internal stakeholders understand how to use and interpret data from internal dashboards, confirming that data requests comply with our data policy, and responding to and aggregating data requests into common use cases so that the team can understand which new pipelines or metrics are needed. The role may also include generating pipelines and new data structures that will enable easier dashboard creation in the future, as time allows.
The role will work within the Partnerships Analytics team and is based in Menlo Park, CA.
- Query data and provide reports/query results to stakeholders
- Manage requests and priorities independently
- Provide documentation of queries/inbound for future data infrastructure builds and future requirements
- Improve existing dashboards by adding new metrics to support Partnerships and other teams within the company
- Communicate with internal stakeholders about dashboards, and provide support about which metrics are available and from where
- Understand existing data policy restrictions and determine if queries are possible to run/share
- Ability to work in a high-pressured environment
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple requests
- Ability to communicate complex data issues to audiences of different levels of technical expertise
- SQL proficiency; 2+ years of experience pulling data independently using SQL
- Experience working independently
- Experience building out large data sets and pipelines
- Python or similar scripting experience
A Bachelors, Masters or PhD degree in one of the following areas: Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or Physics.