Data Analyst II
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
Job Title: Data Analyst II
The ENS automation/BI teams are looking for an analyst to assist in the automation of data governance and data auditing work.
- Work alongside network tooling team to build auditing rules to improve network systems' data quality.
- Pull data from various systems utilizing MySQL, Hive, Presto, and Thrift
- Schedule automated pipeline jobs for data extraction and storage using Python.
- Design and deploy data warehouse best practices for storage of system and audit data
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and optimize queries and pipelines for maximum performance and reliability.
- Design and build data visualizations in Tableau to measure impact of data quality improvement efforts.
- Perform documentation tasks as necessary
- Must be comfortable with fast-paced multi-system/tool environment which is quickly changing
- Must independently familiarize themselves with the diverse data eco-system across Facebook
- Experienced in developing and landing Python code while exercising best practices
- Experienced in building and maintaining python based data pipelines
- Be able to gather data from multiple sources and compile it into an easy to understand format and structure
- Ability to run and troubleshoot SQL queries to facilitate data analysis and storage
- Ability to develop, maintain, and troubleshoot Tableau Dashboards
- Ability to work efficiently with cross function teams to develop new reporting based on in-depth understanding of customer needs and requirements
Education: No Degree required.