Data Engineer III
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
Job Title: Data Engineer III
The ideal candidate will be passionate about global connectivity. You will have strong technical & data skill, as well as a knowledge of data visualization. You will have a background in a related quantitative or technical field, have experience working with large data sets, be a great communicator and have experience in creating data-driven insights.
- Work closely with the team to understand our data models and to transform them into modular server based models.
- Securely source external data from numerous global partners in order to create pipelines and a high-performance, scalable data warehouse application that models will run on; deploy inclusive data quality checks to ensure high quality of data
- Optimize existing pipelines and implement new ones, maintenance of all domain-related data pipelines
- Apply your expertise in data analysis and scripting to identify areas to improve the models both in terms of reliability and enhanced data sources.
- Create data visualizations that communicate key data insights to the FBCU team, programs, and to our broader cross-functional stakeholders.
- Own the end-to-end data engineering, analysis, and presentation components of the solution
- Collaborate with the program' s SMEs, data scientists
- 5+ years of relevant experience -- data mining & analytics. A love of data and insights and an understanding of statistical analysis is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability of inspiring action based on data-driven insights. Ability to turn vague concepts and asks into well-documented and effective SQL models and data visualizations.
- Development experience particularly in Python, Java, PHP, SQL, CLI with an expert working knowledge of SQL.
- Proficiency in LAMP and the Big Data stack environments (Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive)
- Competence with relational databases (Oracle, MySQL, Vertica)
- Experience working with enterprise DE tools (Informatica), ability to learn in-house DE tools
- Coding and scripting experience with Experience in visualization tools like Tableau is required.
- Experience working with distributed data warehouses.
- Fluency in English
Education: BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field