Data Engineer II
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
Job Title: Data Engineer II
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join the Business Product Marketing (BPM) team. The ideal candidate for this role will be someone who is an expert in making sense of data, who is excited to break down problems, and who is passionate about digital marketing and helping businesses grow. In this role the Data Engineer will partner with the analytics team in BPM Planning, and the product market managers across BPM, as well as data scientist and marketing science cross functional partners to define how to uncover insights that support our marketing solutions that help businesses acquire new users, retain existing users and optimize user experience - all of this using massive amounts of data. This role is based in Menlo Park, and will report to the BPM Planning, Analytics Lead.
- Interface with data scientists, product managers and engineers to understand data needs.
- Develop methods to unlock access to data for stakeholders across the Business Product Marketing Organization.
- Design, build and maintain efficient & reliable data pipelines to move and transform data, ensuring that data arrives accurately and on-time.
- Build and maintain dashboard that can serve as the source of truth for various high-level priorities.
- Work cross-functionally to define problem statements, collect data, and make recommendations.
- Work with data infrastructure to triage infra issues and drive to resolution.
- 2+ years experience with programming languages, Python preferred
- 2+ years experience creating complex SQL statements
- 2+ years experience in the data warehouse space.
- 2+ years experience working with either a MapReduce or an MPP system.
- Tableau working experience is preferred.
- Ability to analyze data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights.
- Ability and interest in managing and communicating data warehouse plans to internal clients.
Education: BS/BA in Computer Science or Mathematics.