1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
- Apply proven expertise and build high-performance, scalable data warehouse application
- Securely source external data from numerous global partners
- Intelligently design data models for optimal storage and retrieval
- Deploy inclusive data quality checks to ensure high quality of data
- Optimize existing pipelines and implement new ones, maintenance of all domain-related data pipelines
- Ownership of the end-to-end data engineering component of the solution
- Collaboration with the program’ s SMEs, data scientists
- Data Engineer will rotate on an On-Call shift as needed to support the team.
- 5+ years’ experience in data engineering, proven expertise of applying DWH/ETL best practices
- proficiency in LAMP and the Big Data stack environments (Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive)
- competence with relational databases (Oracle, MySQL)
- experience working with enterprise DE tools, ability to learn in-house DE tools quickly
- coding and scripting experience with Python, Java, PHP, SQL, CLI
What we' re looking for:
1. Someone who understands the difference between Kimball vs Inmon data warehouse methodology.
2. Someone who knows what and how to use different tools/mechanism to get data in and out of HDFS (Hadoop Distributed File Systems).
3. Someone who has a keen understanding of the key differences between Python and other programming languages like Java/C++.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field