DataOps Associate - DUB
1GQ, George's Quay Dublin 2, Ireland DO2 R274
Fresh Grads are welcome - must have production support/operations experience, ETL/Data warehouse, SQL experience
Junior Data Operations Engineer
The Data Operations (Data Ops) Team is responsible for supporting data pipelines. Our primary responsibility is to maintain our service level agreements (SLAs) for data landing. We work on improving reliability, scalability and efficiency of data pipelines by engineering solutions to monitor, alert and auto-remediate issues. We use a lot of internal Customer tools and frameworks to accomplish these engineering tasks. Our environment is dynamic, our workloads are at the high end of any workloads you may find elsewhere, and we have a great team that shares information freely and openly.
- You will be part of the global Data Operations team
- You will be working closely with Data Engineers and Platform Engineers.
- You will be providing operation support for hundreds of data pipelines.
- You will be part of the on-call rotation.
- You will work with Data and always look for processes optimization.
- You are also thrilled at the prospect of building strong relationships with customers (internal developer groups), solving operational issues and implementing quality improvements to the base tools that make them better suited for customer’ s needs.
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent experience. Degree in technical field preferred
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt, learn new skill sets, and be able to understand operational challenges
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and organizational skills with a clear focus under pressure
- Must be proactive with proven ability to execute on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Resourceful, results orientated with the ability to get things done and overcome obstacles
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building with diverse, global, cross-functional team
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and problem solve in complex systems.
- SQL programming experience
- Linux environment experience
- Good understanding of BI and Data Warehousing concepts (ETL, OLAP vs. OLTP, Slowly Changing Dimensions)
- Good understanding of process automation
- Python, SQL, Big Data, ETLs, Batch data processing, etc.