DataOps Engineer - NYC
770 Broadway, 8th Floor New York City, NY 10003
Data Operations Engineer
Full Stack Development
The Data Operations (Data Ops) Team' s primary responsibility is to support data pipelines. Our responsibility is to maintain our service level agreements (SLAs) for data landing. We work on improving reliability, scalability and efficiency of data pipelines by engineering solutions to monitor, alert and auto-remediate issues. We use a lot of internal Customer tools and frameworks to accomplish these engineering tasks. Our environment is dynamic, our workloads are at the high end of any workloads you may find elsewhere, and we have a great team that shares information freely and openly. We will give you an opportunity to work on interesting Data Operations engineering projects that optimize the processes that we maintain as a team. These engineering efforts currently focus on alerts and monitoring, auto-remediation, but the sky is the limit when it comes to new ideas that can help our customers and improve efficiency.
- You will be part of the global Data Operations team
- You will be working closely with Data Engineers and Platform Engineers.
- You will be working on engineering projects to build monitoring and automation solutions.
- You will be providing operation support of data pipelines.
- You will be part of the on-call rotation.
- You will work with Data and always look for processes optimization.
- You are also thrilled at the prospect of building strong relationships with customers (internal developer groups), solving operational issues and implementing quality improvements to the base tools that make them better suited for customer’ s needs.
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent experience. Degree in technical field preferred
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt, learn new skill sets, and be able to understand operational challenges. Self-starter.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and organizational skills with a clear focus under pressure
- Must be proactive with proven ability to execute on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Resourceful, results orientated with the ability to get things done and overcome obstacles
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building with diverse, global, cross-functional team
- Front end development experience (React or HTML/CSS)
- Server side experience (PHP/Hack)
- Elastic search
- GraphQL experience
- RESTful API development experience
- Back-end experience with SQL / Non-relational databases
- Experience reviewing other engineers code and providing critical feedback
- Experience with version control systems (Git / Mercurial)
- HTML/CSS/React/PHP - core language expertise
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and problem solve in complex systems.
- 2+ years’ experience using Object Oriented programming languages (any one of the following Python, PHP, Java, C++, etc.) and familiarity with Object Oriented Programming principles.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience working with and designing/deploying ORMs (Object-relational mappings)
- System architecture design is a plus
- Experience with ticketing systems like Jira / Confluence
- Experience programming in Python, Java, C++ (core is HTML/CSS/React/PHP)
- Previous experience with Hadoop, Hive, Presto or other Big Data technologies