Design Program Manger
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
Design Program Manager III
- Ability to build meaningful cross-functional relationships.
- Leverage relationships to inform problem solving and improve our design team' s focus and velocity. Manage Design Program Managers (DPMs) who are supporting key products.
- Manage and grow the DPM team to support product groups across the Family of Apps as the team works collaboratively with other orgs.
- Provide operational strategy for complex problems associated with a growing organization and limited design resources.
- Choose the highest impact opportunities and execute. Ensure we are resourcing both the short-term needs as well as looking ahead and planning for the next big challenge across product design teams.
- Develop lightweight, repeatable processes, standards, workflows and tools that keep the team nimble and successful in a culture that values moving fast and iterating quickly.
- Act as a strategic partner to design leadership on large, complex problems and operational programs.
- 10+ years of experience in design operations or related fields establishing programs, supporting design teams, and developing relationships
- 2+ years of direct people management experience
- Knowledge of design process and strategy
- Experience in developing design standards and design operations
- Experience working with external vendors, including sourcing and negotiating
- Experience leading teams working with product or business teams from roadmapping through delivery
- Experience working directly with product designers, UX researchers, and content strategists
- Track record of influencing, defining and scaling complex company-wide product or business strategy in a fast-paced environment