1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
This person will be responsible for shaping and leading design communications across several product initiatives. As an experienced designer, you are comfortable collaborating and providing a creative point of view with art director, illustrator, content strategists, and product designers to grow and evolve this body of work from a design perspective. You should be comfortable working across many digital platforms with multiple teams, and always be curious and eager to experiment.
The ideal individual for this role is a multi-faceted and innovative problem-solver that has an eye for great creative work, talent, and the ability to deliver and launch initiatives on time and on strategy. The successful candidate should have strong, focused experience in Communication Design with a thorough understanding of graphic design, illustration, photography, and marketing. Additionally, the designer must be a clear communicator, a team player, and have a proven ability to inspire and motivate the team to deliver world-class creative work.
- Execute on communication design across all surfaces where Marketplace operates, creating artwork combining photography, illustration, typography, and other graphic elements.
- Work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment with a small team including art director, communications designer, production artist, content strategists, and product designers to fully realize final artwork
- Produce strong conceptual and expressive communication design that is engaging and reflect a cohesive illustration aesthetic
- Sketch, ideate, and generate new concepts quickly based on stakeholder direction and self-driven research
- Inspire your teammates, give and receive feedback, and critique respectfully
- Able to meet multiple deadlines, prioritize work, and keep projects moving forward
- Communicate design direction in addition to being a hands-on designer
- 5+ years experience in communication design
- Experience designing visual systems as well as creating graphic design elements from illustrations to iconography
- Knowledge in Illustrator, Photoshop, and Sketch
- A link to an online portfolio
- Experience thinking strategically and redefining problems rather than executing on solutions
- Knowledge in product design
- Experience with content strategy
- Experience building visual systems
- Portfolio exhibits strong conceptual ability, composition and color
- Experience with visual storytelling including illustration and/or animation
- Experience in creating work for digital surfaces (mobile, web)
- Understanding of product design