1010 Techwood Dr NW (10th St NW) Atlanta, GA 30318
Building a data analytics center of excellence to unlock valuable business insights across the organization. The DevOps Engineer role will be responsible for supporting the enterprise’ s domestic Looker implementation. The role will be responsible for building out robust server monitoring processes and developing valuable technical tools that streamline Looker usage. To support the organization, the DevOps Engineer will need a deep knowledge of the Looker software so that they can do technical troubleshooting and set up teams for success with process recommendations and domain expertise. In this role you will work closely with the analytics product teams to ensure that each business unit’ s unique needs are met in the most efficient manner. You will also work closely with the Data Cloud team that is responsible for the operation of the data warehouse with which Looker integrates. A qualified candidate will succeed in this role by creating a reliable Looker implementation that scales across cloud infrastructure and providing centralized expertise that the entire organization can leverage.
- Develop monitoring tools for Looker and the underlying tech stack to mitigate downtime and resource bottlenecks
- Become a subject matter expert on Looker’ s software and help troubleshoot issues as well as configure new features
- Develop data QC and regression testing utilities utilizing Looker’ s API to help enterprise and brand product teams maintain data quality
- Develop utilities to facilitate the promotion of LookML from Dev to Prod
- Develop utilities to proactively maintain the health of the Looker instances
- 3-5 years of experience working with software, cloud architecture, release management and/or devops
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems and bash/shell scripting
- Experience with data manipulation and SQL
- Ability to analyze application logs and derive insights
- Prior experience with Looker, AWS, or Snowflake is a plus. Strong preference to candidates who have managed the technical implementation of Looker instances.
- Extensive experience utilizing APIs and building automated processes
- Effective communicator who can work independently on a small team
- Ability to clearly define requirements and create appropriate timelines for deliverables
- Prior experience and understanding of media business a plus