Director, Information Security
2700 Zanker Rd #200, San Jose, CA 95134 san jose, CA 95134
We deliver suites that uniquely integrate cloud, mobile, application and network access to enable hybrid IT. More than 20, 000 enterprises and service providers across every vertical entrust us to empower their mobile workforce to securely access applications and information in the data center and cloud while ensuring business compliance. We have been awarded a 2018 Top Workplaces honor by the Bay Area News.
We are a leading Cloud, Network and Mobile security company. The Director of Information Security will drive and support the security policies, practices, procedures, and technologies in order to ensure the protection of networks, systems, applications, data and products released. This role will be looked to as an information security consultant within the organization, helping ensure corporate security controls are effective. This role will also be involved with day-to-day security operations by responding to security events of interest, recommending corrective action by working with IT and non-IT team members and coordinates the implementation of security services.
What We Do
- Empower users to seamlessly and securely connect from any place in the world that offers air, water and… Internet!
- Equip organizations with the right tools to configure access, manage and enforce compliance with a holistic view on network, users, and usage.
- Empower organizations to continue to breathe easy, now with an added sense of invincibility.
- Work really hard so that you can focus on the things you want to!
What You Would Do
- Responsible for corporate security posture - drive and support the security policies, practices, procedures, and technologies in order to ensure the protection of networks, systems, applications, data and products released by overseeing our security posture across the company from IT physical Infrastructure, to Products, to Cloud Infrastructure and physical security
- Responsible for Security policy documents internal and external, including statements on PRODUCT certifications, security accreditations (tech pubs)
- Collaborate with IT in log collection, correlation, reviews, archival, retention, and monitoring of automated alerts for items
- Participate and be an integral component of audit, compliance, and regulatory functions as well as the Secure Development Lifecycle
- Enhance and manage a vulnerability management program
- Coordinate with business units, operations, and technology teams for incident response, remediation, and improvement
- Complete audits of system security to ensure compliance with security policies
- Evaluate security tools and processes in conjunction with IT and PRODUCT teams.
- Recommend and develop security standards and best practices and oversee implementation of improvements to security tools, configurations, processes and policies
- Conduct network monitoring and intrusion detection analysis using various tools, such as Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS), Firewalls, and SIEM
- Supports the creation of business continuity/disaster recovery plans, to include conducting disaster recovery tests, publishing test results, and making changes necessary to address deficiencies
- Assist with the development and delivery of information security awareness training programs
- Assist with documentation that supports attestations, RFPs and Risk assessment questionnaires
- Provide subject matter expert consultation on cybersecurity matters
We Bring Cakes, You Ice It Up By
- Knowledge of information security standards and the importance of information security ensuring ongoing mission-critical business functions
- Knowledge of Information risk concepts and principles and relating business needs to security controls
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, theories, and concepts of information security related to network, workstations, servers, and applications
- 5+ years of enterprise product experience in networking and security with at least 3 years of related, relevant cyber security experience
- Security+, SSCP, CISSP or similar certification highly desirable
- Must be a team-oriented individual who works well with others and strives towards the group' s overall success.
- Self-starter with initiative and strong desire to take ownership of Security and drive for continuous improvement
- Demonstrate strong, research, analytical and/or problem-solving (hacker mentality) skills to evaluate situations, make recommendations and take effective action
- Capable of articulating complex technical concepts or scenarios to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Undergrad in computer science or equivalent experience required