Documentation Engineer/Technical Writer
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
As one of our fantastic technical writers, you will be part of a team responsible for the quality, discoverability and accuracy of the content, for both internal and external technologies. You will do hands-on research and obtain necessary technical content from subject matter experts while translating it into clear, concise, structured documentation. This means sometimes you are documenting something yourself, sometimes you are editing contributed content from someone else, and other times you are fixing and reorganizing existing documentation. In addition, you may also have opportunities to do some coding and project management for various documentation requests.
- BA/BS degree in computer science, technical writing, physics, mathematics, or chemistry, or equivalent experience preferred. Associates at minimum.
- 3+ years experience in writing, technical documentation, and/or developer outreach for a developer audience.
- 2+ years experience with a programming language, such as C++, C#, Java, PHP, Python, Objective-C, etc.
- Experience writing, proofreading and editing.
- The ability to produce and organize content with a clear flow.
- Experience with authoring tools such as XML, HTML, Markdown, Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Experience programming, using the command-line, trying out user interfaces, and working with prototype software or hardware in test environments.
- Experience meeting multiple, tight deadlines.
- Experience developing training materials (slides, handouts, instructor notes) for a developer audience
- Experience working with infrastructure services in a large scale, distributed systems type environment
- BA/BS degree in computer science, technical writing, physics, mathematics, or chemistry, or equivalent experience. Associates at minimum with equivalent experience.