Louisville, KY 40201 US
This position comes with full benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life, 401k and more!
THE PROMISES WE MAKE:
At Crystal Equation, we empower people and advance technology initiatives by building trust. Your recruiter will prep you for the interview, obtain feedback, guide you through any necessary paperwork and provide everything you need for a successful start. We will serve to empower you along the way and provide the path for your professional journey.
Top 3 Must Have Skill Sets:
- Technical writing skills-experience in writing on owning GMP documents and and records
- Oversight and management of multiple projects and tasks for 3rd party suppliers
- Data analysis to develop insights and strategies
- Extensive job history within short period of time
- No experience in GMP working environment
Day to Day:
Lead teams in the development of drug delivery devices. Scope includes a wide range of devices, such as; needle protection systems, fluid transfer devices, pen injectors, automatic pen injectors, and micro-infuser delivery pump systems. The qualified candidate will lead technical teams to ensure successful device development of these mechanical and electro-mechanical medical devices. The Principle Engineer will work closely with team members to develop detailed engineering specifications, device design & development, support verification, validation, and regulatory submissions of these devices. The role of the Principle Engineer is to work within a cross-functional organization to utilize technologies and methodologies that support short-cycle robust device development.
- Work cross-functionally with individuals and project teams in Marketing, Operations, and Development
- Create and assess product requirements to determine technical coverage and proper integration different subsystems.
- Create and execute to project plans and schedules
- Develop, execute, and review architecture documents, design documents, specifications, development plans, characterization plan, verification and validation plans and other related product development documents for assigned projects.
- Provide deep technical assistance for junior engineers.
- BS in Engineering and previous experience in a medical device industry
- 10 years current experience with engineering processes and procedures.
- Led projects from development through the 510k and PMA approval process.
- Strong background in engineering and commercialization of electro-mechanical medical devices.
- Experience with material & test specs generation, protocol & report writing, process & test development, prototyping, design verification, DOE/SPC process optimization & validation (IQ, OQ, PQ), FMEA.
- Product design/development (design control) from concept to post product launch for Europe (EMEA/CE Mark) & US (FDA/PMA/510k) submissions.
- Experience in drug/device combination product design and development
- Familiar with the following standards:
- Quality System Regulation / 21CFR820
- Risk Management / ISO 14971
- EU Medical Device requirements / Council Directive 93/42/EEC
- Medical Electrical Equipment / EN 60601
- Small scale device assembly experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Strong problem solving, risk assessment, and risk management skills.
- Must be capable of working on multiple projects in a deadline driven environment.
- Doctorate degree
- Master degree and 3 years of experience
- Bachelor degree and 5 years of experience
- Associate degree and 10 years of experience
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of experience