Event Manager III
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
Job Title: Event Manager III
This role is responsible for coordinating events under the direction of a Global Event Manager. The role will work with internal clients to flawlessly execute events and ensure client expectations are met. The role will manage events from start to finish, which includes: sourcing venues, caterers, and production vendors; accurately forecast needs and manage event budgets for materials, catering, venues, and other event production needs; maintaining event registration lists and attendee communication; route invoices and record payments accurately into budget trackers; coordinating on-site vendors; ensure clients needs are met throughout the entire event lifecycle.
- Must develop and execute integrated plan and logistics for each event, from initial planning to on-site event management and post event follow up.
- Negotiate contracts and manage suppliers including hotels, off-site venues, caterers and others.
- Maintain accuracy and accountability of event budget, manage final billing and reconciliation, evaluate results against goals, deliver wrap-up reports, and generate learnings for improvement.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with strong ability to adapt to changing environments and prioritizing tasks
- Proven experience in effective communications, consumer and client relations, and management
- Resourceful and can find a way to make things happen
- Flexible and quick approach to event challenges
- Customer service and problem solving skills
- Experience in creating and implementing timelines
- Experience working in the events industry, tech or communication event experience preferred
- Project Management skills
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external partners
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to manage and supervise onsite