Full Stack Software Engineer III
888 Brannan Street San Francisco, CA 94103
Software Engineer III
- Develop and automate large scale, high-performance data processing systems (batch and/or streaming) to drive Airbnb business growth and improve the product experience.
- Develop and maintain Airbnb' s internal system for tracking and reporting product defects and quality issues that' s used by all of Airbnb product engineering and has C-level visibility.
- Evangelize high quality software engineering practices towards building software infrastructure and data pipelines at scale.
- Passion for improving product quality at Airbnb through effective defect tracking, defect resolution, and organizational process management.
- Lead data engineering projects to ensure pipelines are reliable, efficient, testable, & maintainable.
- Contribute to shared Engineering tooling & standards to improve the productivity and quality of output for Engineers across the company
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- Must Have experience using Java, Rails
- Experience building, leading, and architecting large, high-scale web applications (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms)
- Experience designing and deploying high performance systems with reliable monitoring and logging practices
- Effectively work across team boundaries to establish overarching architecture, and provide guidance to individual teams
- Working knowledge of relational databases and query authoring (SQL)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Kotlin / Ruby / Scala / Spark would be helpful
- Experience w/ Python
- Experience working in a JVM-based Service-Oriented Architecture and a modern frontend stack.