Global Security Privacy and Compliance Lead
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
The mission of Global Security Programs is to deliver best-in-class, innovative programs that protect our people, assets, and reputation on a global scale. This position will serve as a key member of the Global Security Programs Compliance team acting as a trusted advisor to ensure international compliance, security, and privacy standards are met in multiple geographic regions. This role will drive compliance awareness and report initiatives to key stakeholders and senior management, in addition to driving ongoing process improvement.
- *Please note for this role working onsite at client location is required in addition to some international travel.
- Assist with the management & oversight of the Global compliance program and initiatives.
- Develop understanding of Global Security business units to identify regulatory compliance obligations.
- Research and evaluate industry standards and benchmarks to support initiatives.
- Write concise technical documentation including but not limited to the following: knowledge base, sustainable best practices, training materials, and presentations.
- Manage cross-functional projects from design to implementation, providing status reports and industry benchmarking.
- Assist in the planning and execution of compliance assessments by partnering with Legal, Information Security, Data Center leadership, and a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Develop insightful recommendations to address complex operational and strategic problems.
- Partner with business units and technical teams to provide guidance on remediation and mitigation of control violations, vulnerabilities, and deficiencies.
- Evaluate the impact of proposed changes, with attention to scalability and sustainability over time.
- Develop metrics to report on global compliance performance.
- Familiarity with Privacy laws and highly regulated industries.
- Ability to think outside of the box to deliver compliance solutions to internal and external stakeholders in a fast paced, dynamic global environment.
- Highly self-motivated and directed professional with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize, manage projects to drive results, and follow-up are essential.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills to effectively work with stakeholders to improve processes and to negotiate priorities.
- Experience managing assessments, and translating results into business impact and recommendations.
Education:: * Bachelors degree in Technical Communications, Engineering, Computer Science or similar fields; or 5+ years of equivalent practical experience.