Hardware Engineer V
1180 Discovery Way Sunnyvale, CA 94089
Hardware Engineer V
• Review and approve plan layout, including type of computers and peripheral equipment modifications.
• Review and approve product prototypes, working models or theoretical models constructed with computer simulation.
• Supervise functioning of equipment and approve modifications to ensure system operates in conformance with specifications.
• Write detailed functional specifications that document the hardware development process and support hardware introduction.
• Act as a subject matter expert to engineering staff and consult specifications to evaluate interface between hardware and software and operational and performance requirements of overall system.
• Provide training and support to system designers and users.
• Design and develop computer hardware and support peripherals, including central processing units (CPUs), support logic, microprocessors, custom integrated circuits, and printers and disk drives.
• Direct technicians, engineering designers or other technical support personnel as needed.
• Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
• Team player and detail oriented.
• Strong leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
• Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models.
• Knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control and operation of telecommunications systems.
• Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
• Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
• Previous experience with computer applications and design software related to engineering field.
• Bachelor' s degree in engineering required.