IT Support Engineer
650 Townsend St # 500 San Francisco, CA 94103
The Helpdesk Technician is a critical member of the IT team, responsible for supporting local and remote users in a fast growing company with 24/7 operations. This position will provide initial contact for internal company employees seeking assistance and support of computer hardware, software applications, and other various desktop devices. This hands-on position will support employees at 4 different office locations, plus users working out of their homes and in the field throughout the United States. This person will have the opportunity to make a positive impact on the department and organization since this role is very visible within the company.
What You' ll Be Doing:
In this role, you will:
- Process new hire and termination requests, image and deploy laptops to new hires and perform IT onboarding.
- Monitor and triage incoming tickets in the IT Helpdesk Ticket Queue.
- Provide timely response to all issues, update internal customers on status, solicit additional information, if needed, and troubleshoot issue.
- Research technical solutions in department specific applications.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair desktop, laptop, and mobile issues.
- Follow up with end users, provide feedback, and see problems through to resolution.
- Participate in a rotation to provide after-hours/weekend on-call coverage.
- Adhere to service level agreements.
- Document procedures and develop end user instructions.
What You Need for this Position
- 3-5 years of hands on IT Helpdesk experience required.
- High energy and ability to work independently in a very fast growth environment.
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience with Microsoft operating systems, desktop/laptop deployment and imaging solutions, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Office 365.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
- Solid understanding of networking, and its use in a typical corporate environment (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN).
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Self-sufficient, self-managed, self-motivated, must be effective working independently.
- Ability to work independently and with a team of technicians.
- Must have good people skills, working directly with end users both in person and on the phone.
- Knowledge of iPads, iPhones, Android a plus.
- Microsoft certifications a plus.
- College degree in IT or related field a plus.