IT Systems Engineer - 4
999 Brannan Street San Francisco, CA 94103
Job Title: IT Systems Engineer - 4
The Information Technology (ITX) team is looking for an experienced Systems Engineer with expertise in Infrastructure management, tooling, and automation to help with the design, build, and operation of the corporate systems infrastructure. This role will be primarily focused on managing and on-premise compute infrastructure.
- Own the system life cycle (requirements gathering, architecting, vetting, building, operational managing, and team training) for on-premise system infrastructure globally and at scale.
- Establish trust and strong relationships with senior leaders, operating managers, and professional staff across other teams as it pertains to infrastructure needs and systems.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously including daily/weekly operational tasks.
- Act as system owner and final technical escalation point.
- Create accurate and clear technical documentation; develop support processes and procedures; operational training and support ownership hand-off to peers/organizational units.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrated in-depth expertise with compute infrastructure capacity design, provisioning, management and architecture VMWare virtualization platform.
- You are an expert with Cisco UCS compute infrastructure.
- Expert knowledge of Linux system administration.
- Advanced experience using configuration management tools at scale.
- Expert in one or more high-level scripting languages. (Python, BASH, PowerCLI, etc)
- Experience in coordinating technology decisions with architectural requirements and
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent decision-making and organizational skills with emphasis on detail and
- Excellent technical architectural and process documentation skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Leadership experience - technical or managerial.
- Strong team player.
- Willingness to take responsibility, accountability and ownership.
- You contribute to Open Source -- your GitHub or StackOverFlow shows lots of good examples of giving back to the community.
- EBS in CS or related discipline
- 7+ years of industry experience