Crystal Equation http://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/61283/logos/crystalequation-socialmedia.png https://www.crystalequation.com https://www.crystalequation.com true
Inbound Freight Forwarding Manager
3 MacArthur Place Santa Ana, CA 92707 US
Posted: 04/27/2023 2023-04-27 2023-07-07 Job Number: 37349
- Identify specific spot delivery conditions and customer requirements (e.g., appointments, equipment requirements, dock hours and etc.)
- Plan one-time transportation routing methods to fulfill the customer requirements including transloading, pre-pull, and/or etc.
- Source/negotiate with pre-qualified carriers to move irregular or urgent freight.
- Manage the schedule of shipments and communicate with carriers for those specific freight.
- Oversee transportation arrangements for customers during the shipments process.
- Monitor and compare with the actual performances of the spot freight based on Key Performance Indicator
- Discuss and deliver feedbacks to the carriers to improve operational efficiency and performance
- Communicates/cooperates closely with counter partners within the organizations
- Keep records of spot price and conditions (e.g., FSC, chassis, and other accessorial charges)
- Collect proves of the delivery completion and associated costs for the spot freight arranged
- Support the freight audit team with the costs and conditions of the specific spot freights arranged
- Performs innovative activities to increase the work efficiency and sales/profit from the management point of view
- Monitor and tracking inbound shipments for Samsung Electronics America importing in the US.
- Audit FBA, DEM/DET, operational accessory invoices based on contracts with customers/truckers and process in system for payment in a timely manner or stipulated credit terms.
- Perform collection activity for AR payments and manage overdue/pastdue invoices from customers within agreed terms
- Produce weekly/monthly/quarterly reports with combining necessary data and report to customers and HQ.
- Lead team members and manage overall work scope as a group leader
- 10+ years of experience in Logistics industry related including load planning, regional or hub operations management preferred
- Relevant Industry Knowledge required
- Bachelors’ Degree required
- Bilingual Korean/English Required
- Ability to build trustworthy relationships with customers at all levels (C Level, Managers, Staff)
- Excellent presentation, communication, and organizational skills
- Experience with vendor management
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Outlook, Microsoft Office applications PowerPoint, Word, especially Excel.
- TMS and WMS system experience
- Experience in leading a group of team members with effective leadership
- Ability to Prioritize, ability to shift one’s focus to urgent issues while not falling behind on other duties
- Ability to travel up to 10% in US warehouse locations