L&D Vendor Management Operations
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025
Job Title: L&D Vendor Management Operations
- Coordinate vendor processes (e.g. track, measure, report and evaluate vendor performance)
- Provide guidance to internal stakeholders on procurement processes and maintain procurement ethics in accordance with global policies.
- Lead & project manage procurement initiatives requiring coordination across L&D and cross-functional partners
- Coordinate and prepare business reviews with stakeholders to review vendor performance, future opportunities, and/or challenges.
- Monitor contractual agreements, access, assets and spend by external vendor
- Troubleshoot, manage and escalate risks and issues and collaborate with cross-functional partners on resolution
- Partner with cross-functional teams including People Operations, Sourcing and Legal and other teams to ensure excellent execution of
- outsourcing/professional services engagements,
- monitoring vendor compliance, contractual obligations and measure performance
- managing audits of L&D vendors against internal compliance and regulations
- Take appropriate corrective action with suppliers to ensure their compliance with purchase orders, contractual terms and any necessary compliance for poor performance
- Innovate within the space creating, automating or improving tools or processes that support better management of vendors and associated spends within contractual agreement
- Serve as the first point of contact for all vendor service requests and escalations. Handle inbound service requests and ensure that they are properly assigned or addressed.
- Liaise with other internal departments as required to resolve vendor’ s issues and questions.
- Address ad hoc questions and inquiries as needed to support the vendor management program.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of our vendor teams executing our L&D program operations
- Identify opportunities to optimize and make programs consistent globally while balancing the business need for flexibility
- Understand and apply program strategies to decision making and proposals
- Establish standardized program reporting to deliver insights to program managers
- Make recommendations and create proposals on program changes and conduct cost/benefit analysis of potential operational improvements, as well as day to day decisions
- Develop and ensure standard operating procedures are in place for programs supported by the team globally
- Conduct data analysis and present insights with internal stakeholders to understand opportunities to improve
- Maintain a high level of communication with all stakeholders, manage reporting and monitoring, conduct regular performance reviews for vendors and internal stakeholders
- Employ critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills to navigate complex issues that arise
- Strong analytical and data, reporting skills
- Comfortable working through ambiguity and uncertainty in a fast paced, ever-changing work environment
- Excellent project management, process improvement, and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong time management, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task across concurrent projects is essential
- Self-directed and work in a team environment as well as independently, with minimal supervision
- Ability to work across various levels of the organization, while building trust and fostering collaboration
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access) (Excel ability to create macros, pivot tables, VLOOKUP, analytical capabilities and work books).
- Hands-on knowledge of strategic sourcing methodologies and management processes, Statement of Work (SOW) development, contracting, pricing, and operating models.
- The ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization/time management and problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to distill, synthesize, and draw conclusions on large amounts of data.
- Strong negotiator with proven experience in setting negotiation strategies and conducting million-dollar negotiations.
- Can assess risk and concisely explain complex issues to principal business owners.
- Extremely customer-focused and takes the time to understand the needs of the business.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, business acumen with a strong bias for decision-making rooted in data and analytics.
- Detail and teamwork oriented with demonstrated organizational skills
- Ability to build effective relationships, consult, influence, and manage clients, and drive efforts and projects through relationships and a broad knowledge base.
- Ability to work well as part of a global team, demonstrating personal accountability and integrity.
- Highly results-focused, excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to influence in complex matrix environment
- Bachelor' s degree in business, economics, mathematics, statistics, OR four (4) years of experience in related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.